Benjamin Hornigold Limited is a newly formed Australian company which has not yet commenced operations. It was formed specifically for the purposes of the Offer. On successful completion of the Offer and admission to the Official List, the Company will be a listed investment which seeks to implement a high conviction investment style strategy to generate superior returns for Shareholders.
The Company's key investment objectives are to:
- seek to increase the value of the Portfolio by allocating capital to a limited number of investments in which the Manager has the highest conviction;
- provide investors with exposure to global markets as well as domestic investment opportunities in the listed and unlisted sectors, to which investors may not otherwise have access;
- provide investors with moderate to high Portfolio appreciation over the medium to long-term through active management of investment assets.
Please Refer to Section 3.2 of the Prospectus lodged with ASIC on the 15th of March 2017 as amended by a Replacement Prospectus dated 29 March 2017 and available through this website for further information
The Company's investment Portfolio will be managed by John Bridgeman Limited ACN 603 477 185 (Manager).
The Manager has been engaged by the Company as the investment manager of the Portfolio. The Manager operates a specialist investment management business, and is listed on the National Stock Exchange of Australia under the ticker “JBL”.
John Bridgeman Limited focuses on two principal business activities:
- funds management; and
- direct investments.
The Company believes Shareholders will benefit from the appointment of the Manager to the Portfolio because of the following:
- the Manager specialises in equities and derivatives trading;
- the Manager operates independently of benchmark standards, and is therefore able to allocate capital to those opportunities which provide optimal growth potential;
- the investment parameters of the Portfolio will be based on the Manager's highest conviction ideas.
Please Refer to Section 4.1 of the Prospectus lodged with ASIC on the 15th of March 2017 as amended by a Replacement Prospectus dated 29 March 2017 and available through this website for further information
The Manager's investment philosophy is to invest either directly, jointly or on behalf of clients in:
- listed and unlisted companies with attractive business characteristics and the potential for future growth, with the investment at a discount to the Manager's assessment of their intrinsic value; and/or
- capital market products, including Australian and international equities, government and corporate bonds, share indices, currencies, commodities and derivatives.
The Manager adopts a number of strategies including global macro, large and small capitalisation Australian equities and derivatives, when building portfolios and managing funds for its clients.
The Manager believes that an effective way to generate returns, remain liquid and protect downside risk is to employ a global macro investment strategy, and to identify imbalances in valuations across domestic and global markets.
Global macro investment strategies utilise fundamental information and economic theory on key inputs including economic growth, inflation, interest rates, currency movements, global imbalances and changes in commodity prices to formulate forecasts and trends for different investment markets.
The Manager believes that an effective investment strategy requires a global approach because markets are interdependent with the actions of investors, central bankers, consumers and policy makers in one market having flow on effects, actions and reactions across many markets.
Please Refer to Section 4.2 of the Prospectus lodged with ASIC on the 15th of March 2017 as amended by a Replacement Prospectus dated 29 March 2017 and available through this website for further information